Lesson One: Introduction
Provides course learning objectives, student expectations, available resources, and explanation of the structured online learning format.
Lesson Two: Structure of Woods
Wood is a unique building material as it is a once-living substance. This gives it properties no other building material contends with.
3. Lesson Three: Characteristics of Woods
The living characteristics of wood fuse with lumber cuts to create unique grain patterns.
Lesson Four: Beautiful Woods
Let's take a look at a sampler of beautiful woods you may one day work with.
This is the end of course quiz.
Inspirational / Aspirational - Optional Learning
Optional learning; These videos showcase advanced woodworking skills used in building one-of-a-kind furniture pieces. You will have mastered these skills by completion of your woodworking program.
Lesson Two Objectives
Unit Learning Objectives
When you have completed this unit, you will be able to:
- Discuss the Benefits of Wood As A Building Material
- Explain the Differences Between Softwoods and Hardwoods
- Recognize the Differences Between Heartwood and Sapwood
- Identify Growth Rings
- Describe the Axial Versus Radial System